Uncle Talib (not fake news) Media provides this helpful roundup of the top ten diverse Canadians making the country colourful and keeping Canada in the news. You can visit the Hall of Fame in person at a re-purposed former Anglican church located on Old Karachi Road (formerly Bramalea Rd) in Brampton.
10. New to the new list hardly but hardly a stranger to security agencies in Canada & the US is thoroughly vetted refugee Abdulahi Hasan Sharif
Sharif, who hailed from dusty old Somalia takes the number 10 spot on this prestigious list of who’s who of diverse Canadians. Abdulahi was helping neighbours move pressure cookers purchased at a Walmart sale using a rented U-haul van when it inexplicably veered over to strike a number of shiftless infidels walking on the sidewalk. Hasan Sharif expressed frustration over the state of repairs of the rented van and plans to sue U-Haul Corporation for a faulty steering mechanism after he completes his 2 month community service sentence for distracted driving. Justin Trudeau took time out from his speech announcing the cancellation of the Energy East Pipeline to strongly advise U-Haul Corp to put aside $10 million for inevitable lawsuits.
9. Syrian refugee Soleiman Hajj Soleiman brought unparalleled excitement to West Edmonton Mall swimming pool on a cold February day. The swimming class is usually a boring, drawn out affair for the girls who have to wait intolerable lengths of time for their moms to return from shopping but Soleiman made it an afternoon to remember. He lavished attention on the bored and lonely young girls but when they abruptly changed their tone from coquettish to accusatory & turned on poor Soleiman, he in turn complained to the lifeguard on duty. The lifeguard Mohammed Mohammad, who doesn’t know how to swim but speaks fluent Arabic, and himself a Syrian refugee, chastised the girls saying if they didn’t want the attention, they should dress modestly or stay at home & cook for their brothers. Out of respect for diversity, media outlets declined to publish the picture of the 39 year old Arabian Casanova. The girls have been suspended from school and are enrolled in a 12 week diversity training course at the Abu Bakr Mosque.
8. Rehab Dughmosh was practising her golf swing in a Scarborough Canadian Tire store when overzealous store security staff swarmed the religiously observant woman and almost tore her burka. They claimed they were neutralizing her and were trying to remove the golf club she was using in an effort to decapitate store staff.
Rehab denied the charge and explained that store staff were jealous of her prowess and tried to unlawfully shut down her display. It was at this time she drew out the dagger she carries to defend herself against Islamophobes from under her burka. Feminists have rallied around Rehab and have criticized the heavy-handedness of Canadian Tire Security staff. A statement from the PMO also chastised the Islamophobic company and advised them to prepare a $10 million fund for future lawsuits being planned by the National Council of Canadian Muslims
7. At 18 years of age, Abdul El Bahnasawy is clearly an ambitious youth, a credit to his home town of Mississauga and Canada. Who doesn’t respect a young man with religious convictions in an era that has forgotten God? Abdul was quoted in court as wanting to act in a manner “to please Allah”. While other teenagers are concerned with the latest music video release, Abdul extensively researched the subway system in New York, concert venues and Times Square for his family visit to the big Apple with his parents. The US, being full of Islamophobes these days, arrested Kuwait born El Bahnasawy and he is at risk of joining thousands of others in US jail for an unfortunate cultural misunderstanding. If so, his career as an event planner, transportation engineer or imam is on indefinite hold.
6. Quebec’s Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique dearly misses researcher and PhD student Chiheb Esseghair. He and co-accused Raed Jaser of Toronto unbelievably are charged with a plot to blow up a Via train. Progressives know that people of all stripes have dark fantasies to exact revenge on inefficient public transportation but we know that these two upstanding young men could not be serious in their threats and cannot be terrorists as charged. We all know terrorism is rooted in ignorance & poverty and these men were neither poor nor uneducated. Case closed – wrongly charged case of Islamopobia gone wild.
5. Similar to Jaser and Esseghair, Momin Khawaja is a well educated, well to do young man with no credible reason to pursue terrorism yet (unbelievably), the software engineer from Ottawa is languishing in jail.
He is serving a >10 year sentence for financing and facilitating terrorism, providing cash to a group of British extremists, and offering them lodging and other assistance.
He was also found guilty of two Criminal Code offences — not terrorism provisions — related to building a remote-control device to set off explosions. This is clearly a loss for Canada and the software community of Ottawa.
4. Imam at Toronto’s Abu Huraira Centre Dr. Bilal Philips is a well loved preacher, PhD graduate from Medina University and has been touring the world spreading his Islamic wisdom. Search You-Tube, and you will find an impressive list of his seminars and find an unending list of fawning comments from Islamic brothers.
Bilal is the best example of diversity in Canada – a Jamaican immigrant to Canada who embraces a culture that has enriched Canada and makes good. He becomes a well educated scholar and now tours the world spreading his message! Unbelievably, this well loved scholar of Islam has been banned from the following nations for purportedly being an extremist: Bangladesh, Philippines, Kenya, Britain, Germany and Australia. Think for yourself, he continues to be featured on the 24 hr Islamic Satellite cable channel – PeaceTV.
3. Ali Medlej was a born leader. Though just barely out of high school, London South Collegiate Institute alumnus
made it big in Algeria and led his rag tag group of activists to demonstrate against Norway’s Statoil Algerian Gas plant. The group apparently riled the greenhouse gas spewing Corporation and Algeria sent in their notoriously corrupt and violent army to quell the peaceful protest. Ali was reportedly killed by the army. Back in London Ontario, the quick transformation of Ali and his pals and converts to the Religion of Peace Xris and Aaron from ordinary high school students to infamous personalities was a total mystery. Dr. Wael Haddara said he’d never met the two Londoners, adding he asked young mosque members through Facebook and so far nobody knew who they were.
2. Godfather of Canada’s first family of terrorism and philanthropist, Ahmed Khadr.
According to Wikipedia, Khadr worked with a number of charitable non-governmental organizations that served Afghan refugees and set up agricultural projects. He set up two orphanages for children whose parents had been killed in the Soviet invasion of the 1980s. He funded the construction of a hospital in Afghanistan with his own savings,as well as seven medical clinics in the refugee camps of Pakistan. It is not often that the Prime Minister of Canada goes to bat for a Canadian who lands up in trouble with the law but former Liberal PM Chretien arranged to free Ahmed Khadr from a Pakistani jail where the philanthropist was being held under charges of terrorism. In spite of the many acts of charity Mr Khadr was quarter backed (some funded in part by Canada via CIDA), the father of six was tragically killed in a shoot out with Pakistani military.
1. The poster boy of oppressed youth the world round, Gitmo grad and Canada’s goodwill ambassador to the US. Omar Khadr (son of Ahmed Khadr) was away at Jihad summer school in Afghanistan when the Imperialist Crusader Army of the US attacked the peaceful but impoverished nation. The events in Afghanistan are murky but it is crystal clear that Omar was unlawfully removed from the paradise of Afghanistan and suffered several years of detention at Gitmo.
PM Justin Trudeau corrected the great injustice Omar suffered and arranged a pay out of $10 million to him. Omar is still traumatized by his incarceration at Gitmo and forcibly leaving Afghanistan.
We are blessed by diversity in Canada – at least under the unfluence of the world’s fastest growing religion.